Displaying 7-12 of 193 properties
The allure of Washington DC goes beyond the fact that it is the most powerful city in the world. Its very design invites the confluence of class, culture and lifestyle that the city enjoys today. The National Mall, intentionally placed between the Capitol and the Washington Monument, minimally bounded, re-enforces the idea that all are welcome, and that the city really does belong to the people.
DC was specifically situated for its view of the Potomac, to unite the commerce of Virginia and Maryland. Today it unites the commerce of the world. Its construction was planned with the light in mind so that at any point in the day, the points of interests throughout the city are showcased in natural elegance. It’s just a gorgeous city.
There are more than seventeen museums, with countless exhibits, in Washington DC, and over half of them are absolutely free. But if that kind of sight-seeing isn’t your thing, there are foot paths and bike paths, bike share and scooter share, and even Segway’s and paddle boats to let you enjoy a truly spectacular city the way you want.
Tourism aside – though DC attracts more than 20 million domestic tourists annually — the sky is the limit in the nation’s capital with boundless job opportunities. The government is not the only employer in town. Companies like Fannie Mae, CoStar Group and countless other big companies are headquartered here.
DC offers charter and public education for children, as well hosts some of the most notable private schools in the country, including Sidwell Friends and Washington International School.
With neighborhoods in all quadrants, always evolving and emerging, any place you buy in Washington is an excellent investment. This city offers interesting new and historic architecture, quaint and tiny neighborhoods that make DC a wonderful place to visit, work and live.
Highlights and Quirky Facts are
• The Metro, three different international airports
• A healthy nightlife juxtaposed to a self-sustaining professional culture – all work and lots of play make for an exciting area
• Marine Corps Marathon – Oorah!
• Cherry Blossoms
• Lighting of the National Christmas Tree
• DC residents drink more wine per capita than any of the States
• George Washington never lived in The White House. It was built after he died
• DC is home to the oldest fish market in the USA. The Main Avenue Fish Market opened in 1805 and has been operating ever since
MLS Listings last update: 2021-06-28 17:33:08